Why night creams?
It’s true that going to sleep with a night cream on your face can actually benefit your skin while you sleep, because this is when your skin does it’s repair work. The main difference between night creams and day creams is that day creams tend to be lighter formulations, as you even apply make-up on them but night creams have essential ingredients or anti-aging properties and are usually more thicker and intensive than day creams.
Who needs night creams?
While younger skins don’t usually need the extra nourishment but they can still benefit from night creams, but people with dry, very dry and mature skins respond particularly well to night cream’s nourishment. Those with oily skin usually don’t need night creams, but if you happen to get your hands on a very light yet nourishing cream, I suggest you go for it!
Even people with dry or very dry skin should be careful while choosing their night creams as you never want your skin to feel loaded. And many lighter creams provide the same nourishment so be sure to check your options out.
Make your own nourishing night cream
While buying a nourishing cream always seems like a fast way out, knowing what your cream has in it is even better. You’ll be at ease if you know your cream is free from all the harmful ingredients and will only do you good.
- Unscented cream base (if you’re not sure which cream base to use, you can even use shea butter as your base because its very rejuvenating!) but if you’re a first timer in making your own cream then you should go for a cream base which is unperformed as adding essential oils to an already prepared base is easier than adding them to shea butter. Shea butter is a good option if you want to make a fully natural/organic cream.
- Rose essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
Method of preparation
- Take 50g/2oz of unscented base cream
- Add 3 drops of rose essential oil
- Add 2 drops of frankincense essential oil
- Add 1 drop of jasmine essential oil
- Mix well so that all essential oils are blended in perfectly.
Benefits of this nourishing night cream
As we age, so does our skin and it needs more care and thus we should use night creams regularly in our skin care regime.
Jasmine and rose essential oil help rehydrate your skin and frankincense oil reduces wrinkles and tones slack muscles.
How to use
After cleaning your face, apply by gently tapping on you skin before going to bed.
I hope you like this post! Let me know what you thin, incase you’re trying out this DIY be sure to let me know your experience in the comments below.