I was long on the hunt for a perfect eye shadow palette which had nude colors with both matte and shiny-shimmery finish without having to spend a fortune on it. Somewhat like the Naked palette from Urban Decay but not as expensive. Thanks to Maybelline New York for acting Santa and making my wish come true.
About The Product
Price: Rs 899 for 12 shades total net content 9.6g/0.34 oz (Approx $14)
What do you get when you purchase The Nudes palette from Maybelline New York?
This palette has a total of 12 nude, earthy shades which are perfect for creating the Classic Smokey Eye and its variations. In this palette you get 7 shimmery shades and 5 matte shades out of which 4 are light shades in which 1 shade is matte finish and others shimmery finish to act as all over the eyelid colours, 3 dark matte and 3 dark shimmery and two medium tone nudes, 1 in matte and the other in shimmery finish.
They claim that they give 13 looks in one palette, well technically they do, at least the way they tell you to use it in duo, trio and quads…but if you only use quad to come up with looks for your eye then it has 3 looks again only if you follow their instructions but if you decide to play around then you have a playground of lot of possibilities of all nude, earthy looks.
It comes with Instructions on the back of the palette on how to pair eyeshadows for anyone who is a beginner or unsure about what colours to use with which on making it very simple to use even if you aren’t a professional makeup artist.
- This palette is a good investment if you usually wear nude and earthy eye shadows
- These eye shadows have medium pigment allowing you room for any mistakes so you do not have to worry about messing up your whole look even if you are a beginner and messy with shadows
- You can pack on more shadow for more pigment without messing up your whole look
- You get matte and shimmery finish shadows in the same palette
- Reasonable Price
- Shades blend well
- Nice and sleek packaging
- Tutorials and how-to’s at Maybelline
- The included eye shadow applicator won’t do much.
- If you are looking for heavy pigments, this may not be the right palette for you
- You will need an eye primer or else you’ll notice that you shadow doesn’t last the whole day, but then again that is something you should do anyway. It has a decent performance paired with eye primer though.
Personal View: This palette has become the palette I grab onto everyday ever since I bought it. I don’t have to worry too much about running out of it and it is very reasonably priced. I can do “soft & subtle” day looks as well as “Shimmer On” evening looks with this one palette. It has become my favourite.
Where to Buy
At Flipkart (India)