Coconut Oil Hair Shine.
With Coconut Oil To Smooth And Add Shine. ALL HAIR TYPES
Price: INR 650
Quantity Available: 50g
Price: USD 10
Quantity Available: 1.7 fl oz
Price: 5.50 GBP
Quantity Available: 50g
Product Description Given On The Body Shop Website:
India: This solid oil turns into a balm in your fingertips. It smoothes hair and adds shine. A little goes a long way.
• Adds shine
• Washes out easily
USA: A moisturising balm made with pure coconut oil to shine and define all hair types.
Note: The USA Body Shop Website claims that this product is a Best Seller.
UK: This solid oil turns into a balm in your fingertips. It smoothes hair and adds shine. A little goes a long way.
• Adds shine
Washes out easily
Product Description As Given On The Product:
Smoothes, Adds Shine, Conditions and Repairs. Smooth over Dry Hair.
Made in UK
- Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner)
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient)
- PEG-8 Beeswax (Emulsifier)
- Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner)
- Lanolin (Emollient)
- Copernicia Cerifera Cera (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier)
- Octyldodecanol (Emollient)
- Mica (Opacifier)
- Dipropylene Glycol (Humectant)
- Tocopherol (Antioxidant)
- Parfum (Fragrance)
- Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative)
- CI 77891 (Colour)
- CI 77491 (Colour).
Question: Why is the Coconut Oil Hair Shine worth my money?
The Coconut Oil Hair Shine, claims to moisturise, smoothen, condition and repair your hair and so it does. A must have for Dry/Coarse/ Brittle hair.
- It is because it is an effective product. It conditions your ends, and the length of your hair and keeps them moisturised.
- It smoothens any stray hair you have hanging out in an unmanageable way.
- It makes your hair manageable.
- For those of you with curly hair, it controls frizz, and those who do not have curly hair but still have frizz, this is a good and rather less chemical loaded way to care for your hair.
- It washes out easily, I particularly noticed that just washing my hair with water and/or conditioner managed to get this product out of my hair.
- It will keep your hair moisturised for hours, it is indeed a very moisturising product and the 100% pure coconut oil in this product helps in locking the moisture of your precious locks right away,
- It instantly adds shine to your hair, and results in polished, healthy-looking and lustrous locks.
- The coconut oil helps in preventing loss of protein from your hair.
- It makes hair soft and protects against damage.
Question: Whoa. That was a long list of why the Coconut Oil Hair Shine is worth my money. But is it really perfect and has no flaws?
Answer: Sadly, nothing is ever perfect. Yes it has flaws.
Even though the product claims to be good for ALL HAIR TYPES, it is not appropriate for all hair types. This being said,
It will weigh your hair down if you have fine hair. If you have thick hair, you need to become more quantity conscious with this product because if you over-use this product, you will have weighed down, greasy, and sticky hair.
- I personally found that this product was not entirely suited for summer-time. The basis for making such a statement is that, it made my hair, which is not fine in quality, but are rather dry and brittle naturally because they are curly, sticky and greasy. When I tried using lesser quantities, my hair was not well nourished.
- Over-using will make your hair look greasy and will make them stick together.
- It has a coconut-ish smell, which depending on your tastes, you may or may not like.
- It’s a little on the costly side.
Some information about me: I have light brown hair that is curly in texture and while they don’t come under the category of fine hair they aren’t exactly thick hair either. I believe them to be mid-way to fine and thick hair. My hair tends to get frizzy a lot, and will lose moisture if not looked after properly. They are likewise prone to split ends and need several deep conditioning treatments.
Thus, I was on the look-out for a product that would add lustre and shine to my hair that wasn’t artificial (came because of added silicones), tame the frizz and over all be moisturising to my ends, so that I don’t get spilt ends in my hair.
I first bought this product during summers, June-July (2014) to be exact. But I was disappointed by its performance as it resulted in my hair looking greasy and sticky after application, even on days when I had washed my hair and made it squeaky clean. It weighed down my hair, but then I soon discovered that the weighing down effect was caused because of me over-using this product. Nonetheless, I still believe that this is a product best suited for winters as it’s really moisturising, and comparatively you don’t need as much moisturising treatments on your hair during the summers (feel free to disagree with me here).
The main problem I had with this product was that during summer-time it made my hair oily really fast, it’s true though that it tamed my frizz and stray hair but I could not deal with the un-clean and dirty looking hair effect it had on me during summers. Which ultimately made me wash my hair more often than I liked to, resulting in me stopping the use of this product during summers.
As winters approached, and my busy schedule did not leave me any time to condition my hair using deep conditioner or any hair oil treatments. I turned to the Coconut Oil Hair Shine again. And this time, it didn’t disappoint me. I started using it in November 2014 and am currently still using it. This time, unlike the summers, it wasn’t making my hair greasy, sticky or oily anymore. And it did not even weigh down my hair. My hair was happy being moisturised, they appeared to be shinier and the frizz was kept in check, all thanks to this one magical product. With this favorable experience, I believe that this product is ideal for use in winters.
Question: What did I like about this product?
I have now made use of this product for five months, two months in summers and from November 2014 to present (January 2015) and it’s almost over now. So the saying, ‘A Little Goes A Long Way’ is true for this product. For the price I paid for it, now I believe it was totally worth it for the amount it lasted and the less chemical ingredients it has. Yes, I will buy it again, specially for winters.
Another thing I really came to like about this product was that I have used it as a deep conditioning treatment as well with good results. Basically, what I did was take a lot of this product, and made sure the length of my hair was covered in it properly, and exactly twenty-five minuted later, I washed my hair and my hair was so soft, smooth and silky afterwords that I was impressed. Like I had said, due to lack of time, this has been my go-to treatment for whenever I felt my hair was getting in bad shape, and they felt repaired almost instantly.
It has Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, many beauty experts and gurus have described Hydrogenated Coconut Oil as a magic substance given to us by the goddess of beauty – well that’s a bit too much… But one can’t deny the health, skin and hair benefits of coconut oil, and it has over 101 everyday uses. Coconut oil has many types, and one of them is Hydrogenated Coconut Oil. The main purpose of hydrogenation of coconut oil is to increase its melting point and make it suitable for warmer climates.
Caprylic/Capric Trygleceride is derived from coconut oil and glycerin. It is an excellent conditioning agent and also acts as a solvent. It is also a very good its chief job is to moisturise and replenish hair and avoid loss of moisture. It is likewise quickly absorbed by the hair/skin.
PEG-8 Beeswax, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Copernica Cerifera Cera, and Lanolin are all lovely hair conditioning agents. Copeernica Cerifera Cera particularly adds shine to the hair and is derived from the leaves of a Brazilian Tropical Palm Tree.
Another thing I think is worth mentioning, that looking at the body shop’s website, I was impressed that the Brand is out there to bring real and genuine information, the ingredients were clearly written and explained as to what ingredient did what, that sort of efforts always let the buyers know that the Company/Brand is out there to to build trust.
Question: So what didn’t I like about this product?
Although it’s less chemically loaded, it still has some chemicals. Personally for me, as a part of my 2015 New Year’s Resolution I wanted to avoid all chemicals, sadly it’s hard to do so. However, I still try to stick though it as much as possible.
I felt that the product is quite hard to apply on dry hair, even though the product description says that it is to be smoothed over dry hair. That application is tough. I always had to apply it on wet or damp hair.
Another thing that I really disliked was, that the product says it’s suitable for all hair types, even though it isn’t.
Question: Do I recommend it?
If your hair is dry/coarse/brittle
If you have fine hair
Hair that gets oily really fast.
Question: Will I buy it again?
Yes: During Winters, because my hair has a tendency to get in bad shape during that time and I really liked it’s performance in winters.
No: During summer-time, nope I don’t like the way it treated my hair during the summers.
Where to Buy