As promised from when I earlier reviewed this product as a herbal shampoo, Now I have ways to use it that actually work.
As a herbal mask for hair growth
I took 2 tablespoons of The Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder and mixed it with coconut milk (120 mL) (Room Temperature) beat the mixture and used it as a pre-shampoo, herbal hair mask for hair growth. Coconut milk also helps soften the hair.
My experience: For me and my hair type I’d say It worked, the coconut milk conditioned my hair and the ingredients in the hair wash powder also encourage hair growth. How do I claim it worked? … Well, I have used it for more than 2 months now, and I noticed the following:
- My hair broke off less from the roots while combing them after shower.
- My hair has shown better growth lengthwise, I have curly hair and it takes forever to growth them out and even when they do grow a bit it is not noticeable but these 2-3 months I really felt a difference.
- My Hair felt healthy overall, with less breakage points and knots.
As a Shampoo
Yes you heard me right, I finally found a way to use it as a shampoo that really worked for my hair and scalp. I have dry curly hair and an oily scalp. I took 2 tablespoons of the Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash power and added 60 mL of lukewarm green tea in it. I made a paste. My hair is mid-waist in length. I then used this mixture to wash my hair.
- My hair was not greasy at all. This mixture won’t lather much but should still be rubbed into the scalp and hair like a normal shampoo.
- As this is a powder mixture, you should rinse it off thoroughly, it may still leave some powder granules but they won’t stick to your hair and will come out when you apply serum and then comb through.
If this is your first time switching from a regular SLES shampoo to an herbal wash powder, it will take some time getting used to but trust me it cleanses your hair without stripping natural oils. However, if your hair is too greasy naturally then this powder is perhaps not the best choice for you as a shampoo but can still be used as an herbal hair mask for hair growth as mentioned above.
Will I buy It Again?
Yes, the results that I saw from using it as a hair growth treatment mask impressed me, so I will continue to use it like that. Even as a shampoo, I found a way that works for me so yes I like it now.
Note: This article is an update to my previous Product Review of The Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder.
Where To Buy
Buy at Amazon
Buy at Amazon