The true white two-way foundation (powder) from za-cosmetics pronounced as zi:ei cosmetics
Expiry: 3 yrs. From manufacture
Price: Rs. 550 for the foundation refill/$8.6 approx
Rs. 400 for the foundation case/$6.2 approx
The Brand: Sister concern SHESHIDO cosmetics
The case has two compartments left side is for the foundation right mesh-side for keeping the sponge puff. It also has mirror which seems to be like the same reflective surface used on top, but if you have no other mirror the built-in mirror will get the job done.
The case has a lovely reflective surface on the top and under it is white plastic (p.s I would have preferred the same reflective surface) . The pink clasp closure seems delicate but it is holding up so far, I still recommend being careful with it.
You also get a sponge type applicator puff which gives you a smooth application and also blends the product well. However, I prefer my powder brush better but in case you don’t have a powder brush handy, again, it gets the job done.
Quick tip: If you do not want to buy the case then the plastic pack it comes in is also useable without a case on its own. The plastic pack opens and closes like a compact. It just won’t look good or fancy at all and if that doesn’t bother you it’s cool.
What The Pack Says:
- Formulated with whitening C Ingredient that suppresses melanin formation.*
- Protects skin from harmful UV rays
Smooth, micro-fine powder provides a delicate veil without clogging pores.
- Reducing the amount applied will lower the level of protection significantly.
- Recommended for use with UV products of SPF 15 or higher.
- The indicated sun protection level was measured by the quantity of 2mg per 1 square centimeter in conformation with an authorized Sun Protection Factor Test Method.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes, if contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Made In Taiwan
The foundation refill is available in 4 shades, three of which are yellowish and one is pinkish.
I have been using the Za cosmetics True White Two-Way Powdery Foundation for 2 months now and it has found a permanent spot in my summer makeup routine. I live In Delhi, where it goes up to 45-48 degrees Celsius in summer and that is enough to make you sweat a lot. Even if you are one of the people who don’t sweat easily. Even with the best of primers wearing makeup in that hot weather is too much for me. I personally like to go with very light and natural makeup.
I use the True White Two-Way powder foundation in combination with my sunblock. It gives me an even, toned complexion, controls oil on my T-zone pretty well. I have oily/combination skin prone to acne.
It did not clog my pores or break me out. It gives light to medium coverage but if you try to get a high coverage with it you will look powdery, like with any other powder. If you want light coverage use it with a sunscreen lotion, if you want a medium coverage use it with a BB cream or a CC cream. Of course you can also use it with your favorite foundation for heavy coverage when you feel like you need a heavy coverage.
Its texture is really nice and smooth, it glides on the skin with the given sponge applicator very easily but if you want an even better finish I recommend using a fluffy powder brush or a kabuki brush.
When I used with my sunscreen lotion which had SPF 20 and was outdoor in the sun all day I had to do 2 light touch-ups when I got home, I noticed no signs of sunburn or sun tan at all. I would however, not recommend using just this powdery foundation for protection against sun, unless its gloomy outside with no sign of the sun.
I had bought two shades and tried to fix them both in one case since case has two compartments one for the powder pan an done for its sponge, the problem i faced was that even though both pans fit, after placing the sponge the case wouldn’t close so i ended up using it like it was meant instead.
- Reasonable price
- The case once bought can be re-filled so it is not only economic but also a green way of recycling products
- Fine, smooth texture that is easy to apply
- Package contains all the information on how to use the product and their site has a lot of information too so you won’t be clueless on how to spread it evenly on your face to get the indicated level of SPF protection.
- It lasted approx. 4 hours before I had to touch up again and my skin gets really oily and sweaty easily. So I was impressed.
- I love the reflective upper surface of the compact
- I really wish that the plastic used for the clasp and the lower end of the compact was of better quality.
- The compact is a bit big to carry if you have a small clutch
- The mirror isn’t very clear
- All in all the case is too expensive for its quality and that is the only major drawback.
- The packaging does not let us know the ingredients used, even briefly to see if we may be allergic to any ingredients, if it has parabens or not. All that is a mystery kept from us, the consumers.
Where To Buy
At Flipkart (India)
Will I buy it again?
Yes, I maybe be fuzzy over the packaging but I Loved the product. I wish The packaging was better but that’s all.