Oh Curcumal Face Cleanser Claims
Cultivated from the fields of Southern India, our Wild Turmeric blended into our earthy Gram Flour creates a cleanser for all complexions. To enhance the strength and scent of the cleanser we added our Grapefruit Essential Oil. This oil is delicately distilled over a wood fire from Grapefruit that is cultivated from our towering 40 feet trees. As if it wasn’t enough, we threw in the plant of immunity, Aloe Vera, for good measure! See that uneven tan fade away, as tranquility sinks in.”
A powerful combination of turmeric and besan that prevents breakouts.
I think the tub packaging is quite a trademark of the brand. Both the products they sent us (The Oh Curcumal Face Cleanser and The Shine and Shiny Hair Conditioner) were in a tub packaging.
The tub is made out of sturdy plastic and is golden in colour.
I found the labelling to be just adequate. There was a proper mention of the brand and its own space on the web, along with the name of the product, and a little description. Labels are not printed on the plastic tub, instead, they’re printed stickers (transparent) that are well placed and did not wash out with water.
I still found the labelling to be lacking as there was no mention of the date of manufacture and the date of expiry. Ingredients were not mentioned as well.
You can find the shelf-life and ingredients list on their website.
Texture, Consistency and Smell
The Oh Curcumal face cleanser from SaND for Soapaholics has a paste-like texture.
It’s a thick paste and has lumps of other ingredients in it as well.
It smells of Tea Tree Essential oil, with faint smells of some mixture of herbs and turmeric.
Every 10gm contains
- Vegetable Glycerine (30.28%): Effectively used as a base and acts as a good moisturiser.
- Gram Flour Powder (Cicer arietinum) (28.28%): Has been used in home remedies to reduce oiliness, tighten pores, remove tan and fight acne. Is most commonly known as Besan in India.
- Kaolin (21.21%): Also known as China Clay is a common natural ingredient in organic formulations, mainly face cleansers and face masks, it helps give the product its desired texture. It helps exfoliate dead skin cells and debris on the face to effectively clean the surface of the skin.
- Turmeric Rhizome Extract (Curcuma Longa) (7.07%): I like to call it the skin medicine of ancient times. Turmeric helps treat acne, eczema, sunburn and other skin related problems including premature skin aging.
- Aloe vera Leaf Gel (7.07%): Aloe vera is great for moisturising the skin and keeping it soft and supple. It also acts as an astringent.
- Honey Liquid (3.54%): Great for moisturising skin, and restoring the glow of the skin.
- Lemon Fruit Essential Oil (Citrus medica): A great cleanser, lightens pigmentation.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca leucadendron): Effective in treating acne, blemishes, and pigmentation.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil (Citrus decumana): Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Soothes itchiness.
- Oil of Turmeric Rhizome (Curcuma longa) (0.85%): Contains antioxidants to restore skin’s natural oil balance.
It took a total of 10 ingredients to make this face cleanser with no use of preservatives or chemicals at all! The Essential oils mentioned in the ingredients list comprise 1.70% and have been put in after making a blend of them.
- No chemicals have been used to prepare this formulation
- Free from any kinds of preservatives
- No Parabens
- Authentic Ayurvedic formulation
- Very effective against acne and breakouts
- It also helps in treating acne
- Removes tan
- Reduces acne marks
- Reduces inflammation and itchiness
- It can double as a face mask.
- It’s not easily affordable at ₹525 for 100 gm
- Date of manufacture and date of expiry is not mentioned on the product itself. (Date of expiry is given on the website: 4 months from the date of manufacture)
- Ingredients are not mentioned on the 30gm version. (Maybe because there is no space on the 30gm version to list ingredients.)
How To Use
The brand itself suggests to use this product in a particular way:
- Mix with water and blend into a paste.
- Massage this paste on your face.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
But alternatively, you can use this face cleanser as a face mask as well.
Here’s how to use the Oh Curcumal as a Face Mask
- Mix the Oh Curcumal face cleanser with water and make into a paste.
- Apply this paste on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
Result: The Oh Curcumal face cleanser perfectly doubles as a face mask, and the results are quite impressive. It will remove tan. It will make your skin feel soft and smooth. If you want it to work faster on your acne problem, then using it as a mask will give you results much faster.
P.S. This is a natural formulation and may change colour over time.
First of all, I absolutely loved the list of ingredients. I was already impressed by its authentic herbal smell. An ingredient that I know doesn’t disappoint is turmeric. It’s great for your skin. Along with the benefits of Tea Tree essential oil and Lemon Fruit essential oil. I already had high hopes from the Oh curcumal face cleanser.
I was very happy to receive this product from SaND from Soapaholics. And started using it the same day it reached me. So it’s been over 15 days now I have been using the Oh Curcumal as both a face cleanser and a face mask. And I have really liked it. I have a combination skin, and yes I break out a lot during that time of the month. Usually the, I don’t breakout that often.
It does effectively clean the face, however, to suppress acne and treat them, you will have to give it some time. Unlike commercial products with Salicylic Acid, this one doesn’t take action instantly. However the goodness of turmeric works, and once those acne’s are gone they won’t even leave marks!
But what really impressed me was the results I had when I used it as a mask, I definitely prefer using it as a mask if you plan on using this as a treatment for your acne problem, however, if you want to prevent acne then, using it as just a face cleanser will be enough.
My 30gm sample tub (sent to us by SaND for Soapaholics) still has a decent amount of product left so I believe if you use a decent amount it should last you at least 15days. The 30gm tub is priced at ₹158.
I also like the fact that they mention the percentages of quantity in which each ingredient has been used. However, it would be great if they also mention the date of manufacture and expiry, as it’s very important to let your consumers know that information.
Here are the swatches:
Overall: I think this is a great face cleanser, however, I would like it to be cheaper and labelled more carefully. I will definitely recommend it to people with oily/combination skin and those that suffer from acne. I believe that people with normal skin and/or dry skin can also use it but not as a face mask as that would make their skin dry. As a face cleanser though it should be okay.
Do I recommend it?
Yes: To people with oily/combination skin and those who have an acne problem. You can use it both as a cleanser and face mask.
No: To people with very dry skin as it may dry out their skin. People with normal and dry skin should be able to use it as a face cleanser but I suggest you to not use it as a face mask.
Will I Buy it again?
Yes! It has suited me and has absolutely no chemicals and preservatives. I’m excited to try more products from SaND for Soapaholics, only because their conditioner and this face cleanser have impressed me.