It’s time to restore, rehydrate and rejuvenate with Shine & Shiny Hair Conditioner – an Ayurvedic blend of our four unique oils. As you massage this conditioner into your hair, the Jojoba Oil, which has a similar composition to your body’s natural oils, nourishes and revitalizes your scalp. To protect your hair follicles from being anything but strong, our Marjoram Essential Oil acts as an antiseptic, which means dust and dirt, are yesterday’s news! Out of the four, our exotic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is added to seal the deal and locks in moisture from root to tip. Our last oil, Jasmine Essential Oil, contains nutrients that promise to enrich your natural hair color giving your hair the ultimate shine. So why settle just for shine when your hair can epitomize Shine and Shiny!”
- Nourishes hair and revitalises the scalp.
- Extremely Conditioning
- Adds shine and enhances your hair’s natural colour.
- Strengthens hair
- Ayurvedic Formula
The Shine and Shiny hair conditioner comes with a classic tub design. It’s golden in colour and has proper labelling which adds to the brand value. Once you open the cap of the shine and shiny hair conditioner you’ll see there’s another lid with ensures protection from leakage and helps keep the cap of your conditioner clean.
Like I mentioned before, the product is labelled, with mention of the ingredient list, the how-to-use and the name of the product. However, there was no mention of the expiry date or the date of manufacture anywhere on the product which for me is quite a big deal (We received this product from SaND for soapaholics as a sample to review so maybe that’s why the dates were not mentioned) . I like knowing when my product is going to go bad.
I was able to find out the date of expiry, though on their website and it said: 6 months from the date of packing.
Every 10gm contains:
- Distilled Water: Used to give the product it’s consistency, also used as a base.
- Vegetable Glycerin: Helps prevent dryness and locks in moisture.
- Jojoba Oil: Great for hair growth, strengthens the hair, moisturises them and helps prevent hair breakage.
- Jasmine Flower Essential Oil: Helps promote the natural shine of your hair, and deeply conditions hair.
- Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil: Prevents hair loss, and promotes healthy hair.
- Marjoram Essential Oil: anti-bacterial and antiseptic, will prevent any sort of infection.
- Phenoxyethanol: This one’s a preservative, often an alternative to parabens, however, there have been debates on the safety of this ingredient, it seems that in some cases it has caused vomiting, nausea, mild depression etc. It’s better to avoid it in skin care products according to me, however, this is a conditioner, and you won’t be applying it on the scalp, also the amount is only 1% so I consider it safe for use. Personally, I never experienced any nausea or vomiting after the use of this product.
- Extremely conditioning
- Makes the hair shine (effective in just 7 days, for me at least)
- Improves your hair’s natural colour
- Strengthens hair against breakage
- Deeply nourishes and effectively moisturises
- Its ingredients are natural* (*= except phenoxyethanol which is a preservative)
- Smells amazing!
- Free from parabens
- Phenoxyethanol is an ingredient, used as a preservative instead of parabens. There have been rare cases of people having allergic reactions to it such as nausea and/or vomiting. Personally, I think that the amount it which it has been used is too low so it should be okay. I myself didn’t have any issues using this product.
- It’s definitely expensive and not easily affordable.
My Experience With The Shine and Shiny Hair Conditioner
We received this product from SaND for Soapaholics to review it, our pack was of 30gm and it lasted 14 days for me (I have medium length hair). First of all, I have to mention, that I really really loved its smell! It has such a cooling effect on your mind. I really liked the shine and shiny hair conditioner because, after using it for 7-8 days give or take, my family and friends, all noticed the shine in my hair. I know this because my friends were telling me that my hair seemed “healthier” than usual, which was because they were shining. My mother said that my hair was shinier, and I did notice it as well.
But what I really liked about this conditioner was the list of ingredients, they’re all natural except the obvious preservative. What was unexpected was that I noticed less breakage in my hair (my hair are fine in quality and tend to break easily). I do believe that was because of jojoba oil as it strengthens hair.
Overall, I was quite impressed with its performance, it really delivered its name, shine and shiny.
Due to the lack of silicones and artificial ingredients, it won’t help you detangle your hair, but it will deeply moisturise them.
How I Used The Shine and Shiny Hair Conditioner as a Hair Mask
You see, I figured that with all those ingredients, this product would definitely repair and condition my hair well. So I decided to experiment and use it as a hair mask.
Here’s how I did it:
- I generously applied the shine and shiny hair conditioner from mid-length to the end of my hair.
- I let it sit on my hair for 15 minutes (by the clock)
- Rinsed my hair thoroughly
Result: My hair left so soft! And smooth, which is a dream for those with dry curly hair. We need the moisture! I think, this is one of those conditioners that can be used in all seasons. It can be used as a regular hair conditioner as well as a deep conditioning treatment as well because of its ingredients. And it will help detangle your hair on days you use it as a deep conditioner.
Do I recommend It?
Yes: I do. Especially for those with curly hair. Although I think it will suit most hair types, the amount of moisture it gives your hair, I think it’s best for those that need the moisture. So if your hair is dull, dry and damaged, this one will help you get the lustre back.
No: If your hair is of extra fine quality, as it may weigh down your hair.
Will I Buy It Again?
It is quite expensive, but I will consider buying it again, just because of the performance it gave on my hair. It’s hard for me to find products that actually suit my hair type, as I have fine yet dry hair that is prone to breakage and split ends. This product seemed to handle my problems well so yes I will be buying it again.
Have you used this product as well? Let me know what your experience was with it, in the comment section below 🙂