Revlon PhotoReady™ 3D Volume Mascara gives your lashes maximum dimension from every angle- for glamorous, big volume lashes that will get noticed.
- Lashes look magnified and multiplied
Lash finding brush with rounded tip
- Ophthalmologist tested
What is opthalmologist tested?
This means this product has been tested by an opthalmologist and won’t irritate or aggravate your eyes, it also means they’re safe to use with contact lenses.
It has a fairly standard packaging, and the product has a cylindrical shape like most mascara bottles.
A black and silver design give it a very elegant look. The print on the product stays put for the longest time, and the shiny silver cap top does not wear or scratch easily (scratches were tested by my cat :P).
Overall, I liked how to the product is packaged, my only problem was that ingredients were not mentioned at the back or side of the product.
The labelling was okay, there were some components I found out that were missing but were very crucial. So I wish the company adds it.
Ingredients were only mentioned on the exterior packaging which has to be ripped off to get to the product. Also, Manufacture and expiry date were also mentioned on the packaging, and not on the bottle itself, which is a problem because you’re going to throw away the paper packaging.
- Isododecane: This is a hydrocarbon (an organic compound consisting of only hydrogen and carbon atoms) ingredient and is widely used in eye makeup products, and acts as an emmolient, meaning it helps soften and soothe the skin, in this case your lashes.
- Water: We all know what that is 🙂
- Trimethyl Siloxysilicate: Is a silicone derivative compound, and also a skin conditioning agent. It is considered safe, but if ingested or injected it has been known to cause allergies, but why would you do that? no one eats or injects mascara, right?
- Waxes: Um what? I don’t like the fact that the exact waxes used were not mentioned but we know these waxes are giving the mascara it’s spreadability and consistency.
- Iron Oxides: These are naturally occuring mineral debosits, however, Iron oxides used in cosmetics can be synthetically prepared. Iron oxide is a colorant and is what gives your mascara the intense black colour.
How To Apply The Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara?
- Apply the mascara to the upper lashes from root to tip.
- Apply once again to build more volume and length.
- Use the specially designed lash finding brush tip and fan out every lash.
To safeguard the purity of the product the Revlon photo ready 3D volume mascara, and to protect it from contamination, use it only for personal use. Cap it tightly after use. Do not dilute this product with any other additive and do not apply cosmetics in your eyes if they are injured, irritated or infected.
- Gives the effect of long volumised lashes in just two full coats
- The lash finding brush evenly distributes mascara to all lashes and prevents the formation of product clumping on your lashes.
- Dries quickly does not come off from your lashes
- Gives an illusion of fuller lashes
- Safe to use with contact lenses
- It’s not that affordable I bought mine from the Delhi Duty-Free for $9, but I believe it’s priced at ₹675
- It’s not waterproof so you can’t wear it during monsoons.
- If you accidentally rub on your lashes, it will come off, and it won’t be pretty.
- The kinds of waxes used were not mentioned, and I think that is something that I don’t like.
For the longest time, I used to avoid mascaras in my makeup routine. I never really liked them because no matter what, the product would always leave clumps on my lashes which made them look fake.
Then while I was traveling, I asked the helper at Duty-Free that I was looking for a mascara that doesn’t clump and she suggested this one.
I was a bit hesitant because from my experience, mascaras that say “volume,” usually mean a lot of clumping. Anyway, I decided to go with the flow of things, and I bought the Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara, and I liked it a lot, only because it eliminated that one reason I had which prevented me from using mascaras altogether. Now — no clumps on my lashes anymore.
In addition to that, it’s very black (I have brown hair, and my lashes are also brown, something I don’t like because it also makes them look a lot less than they actually are.) and instantly makes the lashes look fuller without making them look fake. By far, the best mascara I have ever owned and used.
Do I Recommend It?
Yes, of course. But If you’re looking waterproof, then this one is not for you.
Will I buy it again?
I know the pricing is a significant deterrent, but it’s the only mascara that has worked for me yet. So yes, I’ll gladly buy it again.
Let me know what you think about the Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara, whether you have ever used it before, and what your experience was!