What it claims it does on their website:
“Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Wash Powder, A pure Ayurvedic cleanser made with unique blend of herbs to keep hair luxuriant and glossy. Blended with Tulsi, known for its anti-bacterial properties and prevents premature greying. Shikakai, a traditional cleanser for hair, is mild having a naturally low pH that doesn’t strip hair of natural oils. Green gram and Vetiver nourish the scalp and prevents hair loss. Kesni herbal hair wash powder can be used daily to keep hair clean and healthy.”
Price and Quantity: Rs. 425 for 120g i.e $ 6.64 appx. for 120g
- Ocimum Sanctum (Tusli): Tulsi helps to achieve lustrous shiny and healthy hair.
- Vetiveria Zizanioides ( Vetiver): Also called Khus-Khus known for its soothing and calming properties. It is also antiseptic.
- Acacia Concinna (shikakai): Shikakai is very beneficial in stimulating hair growth and treating dandruff.
- Rosa damascena (Rose): Rose has anti-inflammatory properties, it promote a healthy scalp and a good hair growth
- Cicicer Arietinum: Also known as Chana or Chickpea is used to treat hair fall and premature greying of hair.
- Phaseolus Radiatus ( green gram): Green gram is known in Ayurveda to promote hair growth and reduce hair breakage.
- Lantana Camara: Commonly known as sage, It stimulates hair growth and stops premature ageing of hair. It adds luster and shine to the hair.
The Recipe I used (Given on the packaging):
Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder 2 teaspoon of powder
Water (Lukewarm) 30ml
(Given on the packaging):
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of Kama Ayurveda Kesini in a bowl, add appx. 30 ml warm water to form a paste.
- Apply evenly on wet scalp, gently massage in circular movements and wash thoroughly.
TRY 1: Second day hair, using just the Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder to shampoo my hair concentrating only on the scalp and not on the length of the hair without any conditioner or hair serums. No other product, just the paste.
- I was unable to get all of the power out of my hair just from rinsing it out even though I rinsed my hair very thoroughly.
- I noticed residue in my hair in form of green powdery substance while I brushed my hair out with the tangle teaser.
- My hair felt like it had a lot of dust in it which I assume is due to the residue of the power.
- My hair felt really dry at the ends and while attempting to run my fingers into my hair and onto my scalp I felt a lot of buildup in my hair and my scalp also felt greasy.
- Brushing my hair out was also quite a task as I have curly hair which are generally dry and brittle and nearly impossible to brush out without conditioner and hair serums and residue of the powder.
TRY 2: Second day hair, using the Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder to shampoo my hair concentrating only on the scalp and not on the length of the hair followed by conditioner and my hair serum.
- My hair felt extremely greasy and it was very difficult to even try to run my fingers through my hair, even greasier than the first time I used it.
- The tips of my hair felt moisturized, probably because of the conditioner and hair serum since I did not apply the wash paste on the length of my hair, just the scalp.
- I used the “Tips to Scalp” method to comb through my hair, combing out the ends was easy but it got harder as I gradually progressed to the scalp.
- There was still a lot of residue of the paste left in form of small granules in my scalp which I could notice when I combed through.
- The feeling of dust in my hair from my first try was now replaced with the feeling of grease in my scalp.
I felt that the Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder could not be used as an alternative to shampoo, In fact to get the greasiness and residue it left on my scalp and in my hair I had to use a shampoo, followed by my conditioner and hair serum.
However, the ingredients used to make the Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash Powder are all natural ingredients which do encourage healthy hair growth, so I decided to start using it as a pre- shampoo hair growth treatment.
The results from this experiment I will be publishing after a month of using it to let you all know how it went.
It is needless to say I will not be buying this product again unless it works some miracle as a pre-shampoo hair growth treatment, which I hope it will.
But if you want to give it a try for yourself, Buy it at Amazon.
As promised I have Updated this article, you may read the results from using it as a hair growth treatment went here: Product Review Updated: Kama Ayurveda Kesini Herbal Hair Wash
Have any questions? Suggestions? Anything you’d like to say? Have I made any errors? Just want to say Hi? Then go ahead and leave a comment below or just e-mail me directly. I’d love to hear from you!