This soap is combination Pure Haldi (Turmeric) & Tulsi (Basil):
- Tulsi is widely used in curing skin ailments because the strongly scented oil present in tulsi can restrict the growth of the bacterium.
- It behaves as an anti-bacterial, antibiotic and anti-fungal agent thus helps in eradicating any of the microorganisms developing on the wound and the skin.
- It is helpful in skin conditioning by improving blood circulation thereby helping each and every cell to get its part of nutrition and oxygen that helps in glowing skin.
Turmeric is a wonder product that has gained fame in recent times although in India, people have been using it right from ancient times. Helps in the treatment of acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots and hyper pigmentation and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It helps heal and prevent dry skin, and to slow the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple and improve skin’s elasticity.”
I have to say Fuschia by Vkare does a pretty decent job when it comes to packaging their products. The soap wrapped in plastic so that it’s not damaged by water, humidity, etc. until it is used which is a very good thing. Then this soap was put in a paper cover which had proper labelling on it. What I really liked about the packaging was that the colour of the soap matched the paper cover, how thoughtful.
I liked the labelling a lot to be very frank. Everything was mentioned, information was not lacking at all.
So at first I’ll talk about the labelling in the front:
In the front, a sticker label with a clearly written brand name, the quantity of the product, and the ingredients was placed in the centre of the paper cover.
At the back,
Like I mentioned before I was quite happy with their labelling and packaging. All the information was present on the labels:
- Manufacture and Expiry date was mentioned
- The MRP (Maximum Retail Price) was mentioned
- Contact Information and Address was mentioned
- It was even mentioned that the product is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulphate-free and phthalates-free.
- A made in India product and I really like supporting Indian brands! Especially those that are organic and natural 🙂
Of course, the Haldi Tulsi Soap by Fuschia Vkare comes in a solid soap bar form, it is rectangular in shape and yellowish in colour. It’s really smooth to touch. Imperfections in its shape, it’s not a geometrical rectangle only show that it is indeed handmade. And that’s appreciated.
Although not a part of the packaging, but I had to mention it. It smells AMAZING, every time I used this soap, I felt relaxed as if I was in a day spa! I will tell you though that it has a strong smell, of fennel seeds (sauf). Personally, I’ve always loved the way fennel seeds smell, however, they aren’t mentioned in the ingredients.
- Vegetable Glycerine Base: Vegetable glycerin helps seal in moisture on your skin, thus a perfect base for a natural soap.
- Olive Oil: Helps in promoting elasticity in your skin and lighten stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Moisturises your skin, helps against inflammation, reduces pigmentation and fades blemishes.
- Basil Essential Oil: It helps in making your skin look amazing, smooth, and soft. It is also anti-bacterial.
- Basil Leaf: Helps prevent acne on your body and heals blemishes.
- Turmeric Powder: Antibacterial in nature it is going to clean your skin effectively and repair it. It also lightens your skin and promotes even tone.
- Sandal Wood Oil: Has long been known in Ayurveda for promoting soft and supple skin. It is your go-to for almost all beauty problems.
- It smells heavenly. It has a strong scent of fennel seeds and that really freshens up your mind when you bathe. It’s like a little day spa if you as me.
- It leaves your skin so smooth! I have a dry skin and I regularly need to moisturise it, but using this soap made it so soft even before I applied my moisturiser.
- The powerful ingredients used in the making of this soap won’t fail your skin. It’s the perfect cleanser and it moisturises as well.
- Each bath with the haldi tulsi soap will leave you feeling energised and ready to take on your day.
- Prevents body acne.
- It’s free from fragrance so also a great choice for those with sensitive skin.
- You know how I told you it smells of fennel seeds? They’re not even an ingredient, which confuses me, and I don’t know why it smells of that. I double-checked with Vkare for the complete ingredient list and it still wasn’t mentioned. I’m left wondering why.
- At ₹225/- it may be considered expensive, however, I’d like to mention that other cheaper alternatives aren’t nearly as organic as this one.
My Experience Using The Haldi Tulsi Natural Handmade Soap by Fuschia Vkare
I’ll first be thanking Fuschia by Vkare for sending this product for review, I feel lucky that they chose this soap! It’s like maybe they knew how much I would fall in love with its smell!
It’s been well over 2 months since we received this soap from Vkare, and I loved using it! To be honest, I wasn’t expecting it to be very different from other natural soaps I’ve used in the past, but I couldn’t be more wrong!
From day one, this product left me mesmerised, I felt energised and literally like I was in a day spa while bathing. The aroma was just incredible and it really soothed my body. After a week or so I started to notice that it was actually very moisturising as well. And that just made me more satisfied with the product itself.
Unfortunately, With ingredients like Castor Oil, Basil Leaf, Basil Essential Oil, and Turmeric it should really promote even tone in your skin but I think you’ll have to use it a little longer for those to show up (maybe for at least 3 months).
The product lasted a month and a half for me (I bathe every day, and I’m guessing its the same for you).
I just really enjoyed reviewing this and how it made me feel! It lathers quite well, but not as much as a regular SLS soap bar. It also makes shaving your legs and arms an easy task!
Will I Buy It Again?
Absolutely! I will! By far the best natural soap I’ve tried!
Do I recommend it?
Yes: To those that are looking for a soap that cleanses well, is natural and chemical free.
No: To those who don’t like the smell of fennel seeds or strong herbal scents.
Buy The Haldi Tulsi Natural Handmade Soap by Fuschia VKARE Here