For the purpose of this review, I was initially confused how to put it into words. Since my Protecting Balm was of Chocolate flavour and that was a limited edition. And is not really available easily now. The Protecting Balm from Oriflame, more commonly known as the Tender Care Balm is available in many flavours. So I have, after comparing the ingredients come to a conclusion that the ingredients are the same, just flavours are different and hence I’ve decided to review my chocolate edition as part of the ‘Tender Care Protecting Balm’ instead of being specific by adding the word ‘chocolate’ because the product is more or less the same.
In India, the price ranges from anywhere between ₹115-300 depending on where you choose to buy it from. The official catalogue sometimes offers really good discounts. You can even buy it online, from stores like amazon (if you’re buying from india buy here), flipkart, nykaa etc.
They also have a gift box, available online on Amazon.
- Tender Care balm from Oriflame keeps your dry areas (lips, elbows, knees, heels etc) effectively moisturized throughout the day.
- The Tender Care Balm is a long stay product and does not require frequent re-application.
- Tender Care Balm heals even the most cracked, chapped and dried skin with just a few applications.
- It is sort of all-in-one balm as it is multi-purpose, and can be applied to lips, elbows as well as the knees. It can help heal even cracked heels to some extent.
- Has a wide range of flavors to choose from. My personal favourite was the chocolate one.
- Since the tender care balm is deeply conditions the skin, it also sticks dirt very easily.
- Paraffinum Liquidum or Mineral Oil may cause allergies in some people.
- It is more ideal to be used over-night if you live in a place, or work somewhere you encounter air pollution and dirt a lot, as by the end of the day your lips will be more chapped and dry and cracked in that case.
Result: I definitely recommend the Tender Care balm from Oriflame Sweden, it is a fantastic lip balm and also has other uses. I personally really love the fact that it takes care of my extremely dry skin in winters like it’s a piece of cake. It also has reasonable prices. It can also serve as a base for your lipstick to keep your lips moisturized and the lipstick stays on for longer too.
I just love that the tender care balm is paraben free. The accessible range of flavors to choose from is a plus, and can match up to your personal favorites of the months. This one balm is what I can’t sleep without and is the most essential ingredient to my night time skin care routine. Whenever, I need a lip therapy I use this balm overnight, or when I want a lip scrub, this balm blends well with my extra ingredient that goes into making my lip scrub. Whenever my heels, knees, elbows are dry, I always apply the tender care balm and voila! It’s all nice and moisturized in the morning. I even use this as a moisturizer for my nails when I feel that they are becoming dehydrated, dull and brittle. It really shows its potential in winters, you can just sit back and relax and let this balm take care of you.
P.S. It makes for an amazing gift as well. Lasts a long time and I think it is really affordable and value for money.
Ingredients that are worth a mention
- Petrolatum: Or Petroleum Jelly helps the skin’s outer layer to recover from damage, and helps in reducing inflammation.Provides relief to injured or exposed skin and protects in from irritating stimuli.
- Caprylic/Capric Trygleceride: Is derived from coconut oil and glycerin, helps prevent loss of moisture from the skin and contains fatty acids that the skin and use to repair itself.
- Cera Alba: Or Beeswax is an effective healing agent and helps hold in moisture.
- Tocopherol Acetate: Is a type of Vitamin E and is good for the skin.
Question: Do I recommend the Tender Care Balm from Oriflame?
- Yes: If I haven’t said it enough already, the tender care balm of oriflame is an amazing product and great value for money.
- No: One of its ingredients is Paraffin Liquidum, which is mineral oil. Some people are allergic to it and it prevents the skin from breathing naturally. The oily layer it forms on the skin becomes a suitable condition for bacteria. Thus, can lead to skin problems in some cases. So if you’re allergic to this particular ingredient, do not take this product. And just try to keep away from dirt and dust after it’s use.
Question: Will I buy it Again?
Yes, definitely. I’ve used it for two consecutive years now and I love what it does for my skin.