NIVEA – Pear and Beauty: For Beautiful Underarms
With Pearl Extracts
24 Hour Gentle Care
Shake Well Before Use
Price: Rs.185 (Rs.176 – lowest on amazon)
Quantity: 150mL (amazon)
Quantity: 100mL (mysurpermarket price)
Note: My packaging had 24hr mentioned on it rather than 48hr. But the product is the same one.
Made in Germany
Product Description: With precious pearl extracts for soft, beautiful underarms.
Directions: Hold can 15cm from the underarm and spray. Do not apply in respect of broken or irritated skin. Allow to dry before dressing.
- Aluminum Chlorohydrate
- Butyloctanoic Acid
- Hydrolyzed Pearl
- Persea Gratissma Oil
- Tocopherol Acetate
- Disteardimonium Hectorite
- Benzyl Alcohol
Question: Um, what’s so good about Nivea Pearl and Beauty Deodorant?
- It effectively keeps you odourless.
- No use of chemicals that are hazardous to human health. (All chemicals have little or no effects on human health)
- Hydrolyzed Pearl Powder is known for its great properties to beautify your skin, and has also been called ‘The Asian Beauty Secret’ by many.
- It contains, Persea Gratissma Oil (Avocado Oil) which is known well for it’s healing properties like skin rejuvenation.
- It has Tocopherol Acetate is a form of Vitamin E which is also conditioning to the skin, making it soft and smooth.
- Bioflorine is a substance found in nature and has excellent anti-bacterial properties.
- With regular use, Nivea Pearl and Beauty makes your underarms fairer and even-toned.
- It is milder than some other deodorants out there, and is less likely to cause irritation to your skin. (This does not mean you should not perform an allergy test before trying out this product for the first time. Also, never apply to burned, broken skin, or open wounds.)
Question: What should I keep in mind when deciding on whether to or not to but Nivea Pear and Beauty Deodorant?
If you are always short of time, or simply never remember to apply deodorants/roll-ons etc ten to twenty minutes before you step out of your house, this product might not be your best choice. The directions clearly demand a good five to ten minutes for the product to dry on your skin before getting dressed and will leave stains and/or residue on light and dark colour clothes.
- Cyclomethicone is a synthetic silicone oil, deemed mostly safe for humans, it has adverse effects on the environment, namely marine life. So those of you who don’t want to dirty their hands in the blood of marine animals, will want to stay away from this product.
- Aluminum Chlorohydrate is an Aluminum salt, although it’s an anti-perspirant agent it is an ingredient debated upon, so those of you who wish to avoid it at all costs, this product is not meant for you.
- Deodorants, on a general level can’t help but be laden with chemicals. Fortunately there are cheaper organic options available. And that puts this product at a disadvantage. It is just not for you if you have decided to go chemical-free as the result of your New Year’s Resolution.
- My bottle had 24hr written on it (New Packaging comes with 48hr written on it and has the same ingredients), and 24hr odourless underarms I believe can never be true because it all depends from person to person and the amount of activity you get each day. So no, Nivea Pearl and Beauty, although milder than most others out there does not give you a 48/24 hr protection. You will be required to re-apply.
- This is related to the point mentioned above, so instead of 24hr it offers 48hr protection, but no change in ingredients, how is it more effective now? It’s not. It never lasted 24hrs and does not last 48hrs now. Just. To. Be. Clear.
Result: I found this product to be effective. However, it does need frequent re-applications. It will make your underarms feel smoother instantly, and may/or may not improve the skin tone of your underarms (It did for me though), but only with regular use, gradually and over-time. To expect it to make your skin fairer would be wrong, as it will never do that. I believe, after my observation and research that it is a much better option than many deodorants out there and it suited well to my sensitive skin. This I liked most, as not every deodorant suits me and most of them irritate my skin.
Some Information About Me and The World I Live In:
I am an Indian, and live in the capital of India. Summers here are extremely hot (48 Degree Celsius) and winters cold but never below 4 degree Celsius. My purpose and well, mostly everyone’s purpose to use deodorants is to not be a sweaty, smelly cat when outdoors and drive away other people. I first got to know about Nivea Pearl and Beauty Deodorant when I was watching TV. Yes it was an advertisement that said ‘Fairer Underarms’ that got me interested. Later on when going shopping,I was given a free sample by a very nice lady, when I told her I wanted to try this product out. It was a 35mL bottle which lasted about 10 days.
Review of The Sample Bottle: The Bottle was 35mL and said:
For Beautiful Underarms
With Pearl Extracts
24 Hour Gentle Care
Shake Well Before Use
This little can lasted around ten days. I came to for positive review as, it is less likely that a deodorant would suit me, they usually don’t because I have really sensitive skin. Then, it promised even toned underarms so it made me buy a bigger bottle this time.
I couldn’t find the ‘24hr gentle care’ anywhere, and everyone told me that it was now ‘48hr gentle care’ so I went ahead and bought this bottle. Seeing, that the ingredients were all constant.
Review: I liked The Nivea Pearl and Beauty Deodorant because it was really soothing to my skin, unlike other deodorants it did not irritate my skin at all. The Nivea Pearl and Beauty does what it says and is effective. It is comfortable on the skin and softens, smoothens, and somewhat repairs your skin to some extent. Although deodorants don’t usually have any long-term or real moisturising effects, Nivea Pearl and Beauty deodorant is a little different. Ingredients like Tocopherol Acetate (form of vitamin E). Hydrolyzed Pearl Powder, Avocado Oil, Bioflorine all make it what it is – effective and gentle. But having said that, it still is a deodorant and not a skin care product. It will keep you odor-free for a decent amount of hours depending upon your level of activity. The bioflorine helps in keeping you bacteria free and the Geranoil makes it smell pleasant to (Geranoil gives off a rose-like smell) and is fragrance ingredient. With regular use, you may slightly notice even toned underarms. I have used this product for a total of three months as of now and March 2015 being my fourth month, I have started to see better, and a little more even-toned underarms, but I believe this is as far as it will do and that is quite understandable. For a product that is not a skin care product this is quite an achievement. I found this product to be more effective during the winters as compared to the summers for obvious reasons.
Summer Time Effectiveness:
On Days I was very active and out most of the time: 3-3.5Hrs/48Hrs
On Days I was less active or sedentary: 6Hrs/48Hrs
Gym Time: 1Hr/48Hrs
Winter Time Effectiveness:
On Days I was very active and out most of the time: 12Hrs/48Hr
On Days I was less active or sedentary: 8Hrs/48Hrs
Gym Time: 1.2Hrs/48Hrs
Disclaimer: This effectiveness is calculated by the amount of time I was odour-less even if I was sweaty. The effectiveness may vary from person to person.
Question: What Did I Really Like About This Product?
- It was effective
- Gentle and Mild
- Improved the tone of my underarms
Question: Will I Buy It Again?
Answer: If it isn’t already clear, yes I will buy it again! In fact, I am using one right now.
Question: Do I recommend it?
Answer: Yes, to those who are looking for a gentle option that is not as chemically laden as the other and may also improve your underarm tone. And No, to those who would like to steer away from products conducting Aluminum Chlorohydrate (a form of aluminum) and would hate to harm the marine life as cyclomethicone has adverse effects on marine life.
What works for me may not work for you, this review is just for guidance and to be used as reference. Results differ from person to person. Always perform the allergy test before purchasing/using a new product.
Have any questions? Suggestions? Anything you’d like to say? Have I made any errors? Just want to say Hi? Then go ahead and leave a comment below or just e-mail us directly. We’d love to hear from you!