Forest Essentials Facial Cleanser Product Review: Honey, Lemon & Rosewater
|The Image used is not copyrighted by Jane and Samara blog. Photo credit and source goes to Forest Essentials website.|
What It Claims (From their website):
“Product Benefits: Forest Essentials Facial Cleanser gently cleanses your face to remove dirt and exfoliates dead skin cells making it clean and fresh.”
Warning: Use within 12 months of opening the bottle.
Expiry date: 2 years from manufacture
Quantity and Price: 200mL for INR 975/ 50mL for INR 275
Key Ingredients (As stated on the label and website)
45% Steam Distilled Rose water: Natural Anti-inflammatory helps in soothing sunburn and acne and Anti-oxidant properties get rid of damage caused due to oxidants and dirt and pollutants.
3% Fresh Lemon Juice: Known for its toning and healing properties in Ayurveda, It also helps brighten the skin tone by making diminishing age spots and acne scars.
2.5% Organic Honey: It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it is also known for moisturizing qualities in Ayurveda.
1%+1% Nagkesar & Anantmool Root Extract: Also called the Indian Sarsaparilla is also an anti-oxidant and also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. Nagkesar deep nourishes the skin.
0.5% Kumud Flower: Known as Water Lilly in English, It tones the skin and is used also for its specific fragnance.
0.2% Bee Pollen: The pollen that is present in unprocessed honey, It is used for its softening properties and for treating pimples.
0.2% Royal Jelly: It is food for queen bee, but for our skin it possesses anti-ageing properties.
0.5% 2-Phenoxyethanol (Paraben Free)
12% Olive oil Derivatives
Base QS : It refers to Quantity sufficient. For the base of face wash the ingredients used are Corn Starch, Sugar derived foaming agents, Glycerin and Purified Water.
I got the small 200mL bottle of the Forest Essentials Mashobra Wild Honey, Lemon & Rosewater as a gift from my sister Jane on my birthday I started using it in October 2014 and I am very proud to announce that my search for the perfect cleanser did come to an end. I have generally oily skin with an even oilier T-zone. I am prone to acne and my skin is very sensitive. I also have some tiny acne spots from popping zits, and I know I should never do that but hey temptation gets the best of us sometimes and I’m only normal.
After just one month of using this bottle I fell in love with the wonders it worked on my skin. The 200mL bottle lasted me only a month and no more, I only wash my face with a cleanser twice daily. I noticed after a whole month that my skin seemed brighter as the acne scars I had appeared lighter, even though they haven’t still completely disappeared but I’m happy with how they faded away and are now close to my own skin tone.
This face cleanser did not break me out, usually when I switch to a new cleanser it takes some while for my skin to adjust to it or my skin never adjusts to it, for example: Clean&Clear face cleanser do not suit me at all. So if that’s the case with you too then you should give the Forest Essentials Mashobra Wild Honey, Lemon & Rosewater a try!
Every time I use this cleanser its smell makes me feel like I am in a luxurious spa and that really relaxes me a lot. I never want to skip washing my face anymore because I’m too tired or lazy! In fact I look forward to it when I am too tired and need to relax myself.
The one good thing is that when you walk in to their store you can ask for a trial and the staff there will be happy to let you try the product before you buy it and I recommend buying the 200mL version if you still want to try it out a month before you decide whether it is the miracle you wished for in all your dreams.
The Forest Essentials Facial Cleanser: Honey, Lemon & Rosewater has become my absolute favorite and I did repurchase it and I will continue to as long as I can afford it. It made washing my face a very relaxing and calming process.
Although I do admit that if it was a bit cheaper it would be perfect.
- The heavenly relaxing smell…..Amazing.
- It removed all my make-up left me with clean supple skin.
- It got rid of all the oil on my face.
- It did not cause me to breakout, in fact overtime I felt it lighten my acne spots and that brightened up my face.
- No Harsh Chemicals, Paraben Free. (p. s. What are Parabens?)
Made from all natural ingredients as mentioned on their site as well and I quote:
- Oils are cold pressed by hand.
- They are 100% natural and contain no mineral oil, petroleum by-products, SLS, sulphate
- It might over dry your face if you have normal to dry skin.
- It will not remove waterproof mascara or even normal mascara you will hate to remove that will an eye-makeup remover beforehand.
- It is very expensive for a regular face wash/cleanser.
- May not be suitable for you if you are allergic to any of the natural ingredients present.
- Does it do what it claims?
- Yes!! It is perfect for my oily skin and it did everything it promised! I am very impressed. If your skin is like mine go ahead, Try It!
- Is it worth the price?
- If you have the money to spare then yes it is definitely worth it. If you cannot splurge that amount then perhaps save up for it? Or add it in your wish list somewhere people who are looking to buy you a gift for your birthday or any other occasion can take the hint? …alas I really think it is definitely worth it.
Where to Buy:
If anywhere outside India:
http://www.forestessentialsindia.com/products/by-category/facial-care/cleansers/delicate-facial-cleanser.html <- They do offer international shipping.
At Flipkart (India)
Have any questions? Suggestions? Anything you’d like to say? Have I made any errors? Just want to say Hi? Then go ahead and leave a comment below or just e-mail me directly. I’d love to hear from you!