Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm
A hint of colour that cares for your lips
Quantity Available: 0.15oz/ 4.25g
Price: Rs. 800 (You can buy it on-line or from any SEPHORA outlet, if you live in Delhi.)
Price: $7 as given on Burt’s Bees Official Website
Price: 5.50 pounds as given on Amazon
Question: What does it say on the bottle?
No Animal Testing
60% Post Consumer Content
Natural Products Association Certified
Made in USA Burt’s Bees Inc.
Natural Health and Beauty Care Products For The Greater Good
All Rights Reserved. Learn More at www.burtsbees.com
Nature Knows Colour:
For beautiful colour, we look to the original expert: Nature
The hint of colour and moisturising goodness in this tinted lip balm is 100% natural. Wear it often and enjoy all the natural benefits for a more beautiful you.
Description on their website:
For just a hint of colour and a whole lot of conditioning. The Botanical Waxes in these softly tinted balms will take your lips to lovely in one pretty swipe. They are sold in a range of 9 naturally flattering shades, 4 of which are new! Blush Orchid, Caramel Daisy, Petunia and Sweet Violet.
• Adds a hint of natural colour
• Nourishes with Shea Butter and Botanical Waxes
• Available in 9 sheer, wearable every day shades
- cocos nucifera (coconut) oil
- olus (vegetable oil, huile vegetale)
- cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille)
- olea europaea (olive) fruit oil
- candelilla cera (euphorbia cerifera wax, cire de candelilla)
- helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil aroma (flavor)*
- lanolin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter
- ricinus communis (castor) seed oil
- cananga odorata flower wax
- jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower wax
- ammonium glycyrrhizinate
- rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract
- glycine soja (soybean) oil
- canola oil (huile de colza)
- May contain: alumina, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (iron oxides). *natural flavour.
Question: So, is this product any good?
- This lip balm is extremely conditioning, and works even on the most chapped lips. It will heal your lips and care for them, all day long.
- It’s one of the, “Does-What-It-Says” product. It’s extremely conditioning and the colours, the tints are all organic!
- The tints make it usable in place of lipsticks. So go ahead, without any hesitation, and let go of your lipsticks and go all natural.
- It is suitable for most age groups.
- There are no chemicals involved, hence makes this product all goody-goody.
- Ingredients like, coconut oil, rosemary, Shea butter, Castor seed oil, jasmine flower wax, soybean oil, olive fruit oil, etc are all really good for your skin and feeds the skin of your lips with all the essential vitamins and nutrients it needs.
- Hibiscus gives it a really appealing tint. And this particular product comes, with many more colours, you can use whichever you like.
- Beeswax is also an amazing conditioning agent.
Question: Is there anything I might not like about this product?
- It is a little pricey. (I can’t say about other countries but in India, a lip balm worth Rs.800 is expensive, specially when cheaper alternatives are available.)
- If you’re one of those people that love crease less lipsticks/lip products, you may be in for a disappointment as over time, if not re-applied, makes creases on your lips and the colour wears off. The tint is not long stay.
- It smells a bit distinctive. Some people may not enjoy it’s smell.
- Places where it is highly polluted and dirt particles are in the air, dirt may stick to your lips, even though this product is not sticky.
Result: From day 3 of using this product, I fell in love with it! It is chemical free, with so many good ingredients, that condition your lips and the natural tints, which I must say, are all amazing in colour. But this one, gives a little nude-ish colour. This colour may vary from person to person tough as everyone’s lips have a different undertone.
In case you are wondering, my lips have a pink-ish undertone, and the colour varies from coral to nude-ish on my lips. If you happen to be in love with chemical free products that will not disappoint your lips, then go for this one. I see no single reason not to test this product.
- This product works great, both in winters as well as summers and cures even the most chapped lips if used regularly. Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Olive fruit Oil have always been used as home remedies for chapped and cracked lips.
- Beeswax is extremely moisturising and also helps protect your lips from the harmful UV rays of the sun. It is anti-bacterial and will even protect lips from bacterial infections.
- Sunflower seed oil is also a very effective skin-conditioning agent, not only this but Shea butter is known to be very moisturising.
- Rosemary, Soybean, Jasmine etc are all rich in vitamins that your skin needs, all these powerful ingredients, make this product very effective.
- Rosemary extracts are often used in the making of lip balms, like many other minty plants rosemary also has a great scent.
Question: Will I buy It Again?
Answer: Yes. I like the way this product has everything I need and the way it caters to my “lip” needs. I love all the colours, specially this one. And this is the only lip balm I think I will ever need. It is astounding and with regular use it lasted me two months.
Question: Do I recommend It?
- Yes: To people, who have extremely chapped lips, or are looking for a total lip care balm. I recommend this product to anybody, who is interested in buying this product. Just go for it.
- No: To those who like crease less lip products, or want to buy a cheaper/more affordable lip balm.
Note: Post-Consumer Content means, that the particular product or thing is produced by recycling. In this case, I guess it means the raw material used for packaging the product was made after recycling waste. I have sent BURT’s BEES an e-mail, asking the same. I will update this article, after I have a response from them.
27 January 2014 UPDATE: This is the conversation update
Response By Email (Babian) (01/06/2015 10:17 AM)
Thank you for contacting us at Burt’s Bees.
Here at Burt’s Bees we strive to include as much post-consumer recycled (PCR) content as possible. PCR is a type of material that has been used by the consumer for its intended purpose. It comes from a finished product that was destined for waste disposal and was recycled instead.
The (+/-) may contain ingredients labeling on our products means that it may or may not contain that particular ingredient in the product. As is the case with many companies, the specific ingredients of our formula are proprietary.
Again, thank you for contacting us.
Customer By CSS Web (Jane Vivian) (01/03/2015 02:20 AM)
I had bought the Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm, from a SEPHORA Outlet in India. I am an love with this product!
However, I have some questions. I would like to know what you mean when you say. “60% Post-Consumer Content”. What is the context of this statement?
Also, another question I have, is you have (+/-) may contain ingredients, I would like to know what that means too.
Awaiting your response.
Before using any product, always perform the allergy test. What worked for me, may not work for you. Please use this product review as a reference or guide, results may differ from person to person.
Did I make a few mistakes? Do you have a suggestion to make? Something you’d like me to add to this review? Want to say Hello? Anything else? Please leave a comment below, or e-mail me. I will get back to you as soon as possible.