Sample Meal Plan under 2000 calories
One should never skip breakfast as it is important to eat after a gap of 8 hours as our body needs the energy to work and eating breakfast provide all the required nutrients.
- Milk with or without sugar. It is good for the health to have a glass of milk in the morning as it re-energizes the system.
- Potato parantha. It is okay to treat yourself once in a while.
But hey! not every week okay?
It is quite a filling dish and contains good amounts of fats and variety of nutrients.
- Fruit yogurts are a great delight to have in summers and that too after a heavy meal.
It is better to make fruit yogurts at home instead of buying packaged ones as they are way lighter and much more nutritious.
- Rajma(kidney beans) with chapatti or rice and lady finger sabzi is a great meal to have in the afternoon.
- Carrot halwa is a tasty and healthy sweet dish to have after lunch. Along with the pleasure, it gives to the taste buds it is also full of nutrition.
- Green tea is a good and wise choice to have after such heavy yet nutritious meals throughout the day. It helps to digest food and boosts metabolism.
It also helps in burning fats and contains compounds that can improve brain functions.
- Moong dal with onion and tomato tadka and pumpkin (kaddu) sabzi with chapatti.
- Apple and cucumber curd makes the meal more nutritious and healthy.
Always keep the dinner light and nutritious and avoid junk food and empty calories otherwise your body will store unnecessary fats and it will lead to unhealthy weight gain.
TIPS FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Each meal should be nutritionally adequate.
- Salt, fats, and sugar intake should not be excessive.
- Fruits and vegetables should be included in the diet.
- Consume plenty of water.
- Exercise regularly.
Proofread and Edited by Samara Vivian.