Having a balanced and healthy diet every day is important as it provides the required nutrients and energy to survive.
A balanced diet is one which provides all the nutrients to the body to function properly. It contains all the nutrients in the right amount.
In order to have a balanced diet, one should include the following food groups in their diet:
- Milk and products
- Meat and products
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Fats and sugars
The everyday diet of any healthy individual should be divided into 5 meals taken at regular intervals. The meals should be small in portion to lose weight effectively.
MEAL PLAN UNDER 1200 CALORIES
- A cup of milk tea has both calcium and antioxidants. Also, it has less amount of caffeine.
- Omelet with a little oil for frying can be used as 1 egg contains approximately 80 calories and it is a little more filling as compared to other meals which will lead to less intake of calories and hence, weight loss.
- to satisfy your sweet tooth craving any fruit is a good option
- Anjeer drink is perfect to quench the hunger before a meal as it will satiate the hunger pangs and also leave space for the main meal in the afternoon. It is made of dried fig and milk.
Lunch should be heavy and filling
- Rajma(red kidney beans) with chapatti or rice and one sabzi like Arabi (colocasia) or okra are appropriate for lunch. Also, it is good to have a salad made of cucumber, tomatoes etc.
Rajma contains proteins but it is present in incomplete form so it should always be paired with some cereal (carbohydrates) in order to improve the quality of protein. These are rich in fibre and helps in weight loss.
- Fruit custard for sweet is an easy and nutritious dessert. Seasonal fruits can be added to make it more nutritious and refreshing. Fruits are rich in vitamins and a good source of fibre.
- Vegetables like tomato, cucumber, carrot, orange, papaya and potato chopped finely can make a bowl of fresh and healthy salad meal. It is a crunchy meal and full of health benefits. A variety of fruits and vegetables are loaded with nutrients and also promote weight loss. Lemon juice and some salt can be sprinkled to enhance the taste. Almonds can also be added as it contains proteins, fibre, and calcium.
Dinner should contain all the nutrients and should be filling enough as there is a gap of 8 hours between the dinner and next meal but be careful not to overeat or take huge portions.
- Bengal gram(channa dal or dark brown peas) made with tomato and onion tadka with chappati and a paneer beans sabzi (french beans with cottage cheese) has all the right amount of nutrients.
Bengal gram helps to boost energy and ensures the proper functioning of the digestive system. It contains iron, sodium, copper and zinc.
- The salad is essential with each meal as it contains raw vegetables which are full of nutrients in comparison to cooked ones.
- Sooji (Semolina) halwa for sweet is delicious and has a lot of health benefits. It is good for diabetics. It provides energy and also good for the bowel system.
Proofread and Edited by Samara Vivian.