What is common cold?
Common cold is a viral infection.
Symptoms of common cold
- Blocked or runny nose
- mild fever
- sore throat
Causes of common cold
- change in weather
- from person to person
- from infected person’s belongings
How to prevent common cold
- Eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits of vegetables to boost immunity.
- Keep yourself warm at all times
- Try to keep at a safe distance from the infected person and keep his/her belongings separately.
- Get good amount of sleep and be rested properly everyday.
- Eat well and exercise.
How to treat common cold
Once you get infected, the only way is to treat is along the way for minimum discomfort, use the following methods:
- Use peppermint essential oil in your room with a diffuser, to keep your noose from getting blocked.
- Have lozenges to ease a sore throat.
- Drink warm liquids throughout the day such as tea, soup etc. (Try to avoid milk as it might make you congested)
- Do gargles with saline water.
- Have plenty of warm water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Sleep to recover faster.
- Avoid fried foods/junk foods/chilled beverages etc.
- Try to sick to nutritious semi-liquid diet.
Cures in ayurveda for common cold
- Have 1tbsp honey with 1gm ginger 3 times a day until fully cured.
- Drink sage or ginger tea with honey added. (If suffering from diabetes then have unsweetened tea.)
- Have 1tbsp honey with 2-3 leaves of tulsi every morning.
- Take 5-10 Guava leaves and boil them in water, do gargles.
There are many other, more complex cures as well, but I’d figured that when you’re already feeling sick, you don’t really want to be working yourself too hard! Since winters already starting and it’s the time when common cold is the most common disease just because it’s cold and the weather’s changing, make sure you take care of yourself!
Let me know what you think about the remedies mentioned by me, I only mentioned those that I do myself. Let me know if you know of any more methods of treatment, cure and prevention!