There is one thing that we are all afraid to lose, yes it’s our crowning glory, OUR HAIR!
I come forth, bearing a recipe for a miracle mask. I use this Hair Mask as a deep conditioning treatment. I have been using it for the past 2 years.
My Hair Type: Curly – Spiral Curls, Brunette
Texture: Generally an untamable mane of frizz
Country of Residence: India
Now onto the mask…
Bio Musk Root from – Biotique 1 Tablespoon or 15g
Coconut Milk (which is used for cooking) 100 ml
OPTIONAL: (Any 1 of your choice, 1 drop ONLY. )
- Lavender Essential oil
- Tea Tree oil
- Jojoba oil
- Rosemary oil
- Add Bio Musk Root, Coconut Milk and your choice of oil (from the list given above only). Mix this thoroughly till it starts to resemble the consistency of a “sauce” and there are no visible lumps or air bubbles. That is when you know that the mask is ready. If you do not mix it properly it will be harder to apply.
- Concentrate this mixture more on the scalp and spread over to the entire length of your hair.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes
- Rinse off gently with lukewarm water and make sure you have no more product left in your hair then shampoo and condition as usual.
Keep in mind:
- Before using the mask make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used.
- The Bio Musk Root used is a product of the company Biotique, please read its ingredients to make sure you are not allergic to any of those either. If you aren’t sure, conduct a patch test on the inner side of your elbow.
- You may need to make more depending upon your hair length in such a case you may increase the quantity of coconut milk used, however DO NOT use more than 1 tablespoon or 15g of the musk root in one time as you really don’t need more.
- Apply the Hair mask once every two weeks. Remember, overdoing anything causes more harm than good.
- After shampoo you may still notice some green granules in your hair, do not worry as its nothing but residue of some herbs used in the Bio Musk and you can comb them out.
- When this mixture dries on your hair it makes your hair stiff , do not wrestle or comb or try to run your fingers through your hair, as that may cause your hair to break off, to keep the hair away just clip them at the top or back of your head.
- While rinsing out this mask, run your fingers through your hair only after you have rinsed off at least 50 % of your mask with lukewarm water.
- This preparation cannot be stored, it is to be used on the same day of preparation
- Personally, I use this mask only in the summers, my reason being – I feel too cold in the winters to use any mask.
I have used this Hair Mask for over a year now and it really suits me a lot. I cannot argue with its results and I just think that it works miracles for my hair. It makes them shiny, soft and they resist frizz, I definitely think you should give it a try, I hope it will suit you as much as it suits me and bring into your life a series of good hair days (Amen to that).
The coconut milk leaves my hair really conditioned and the contents of bio musk root nourishes my scalp. The Bio musk root claims that it encourages fresh hair growth, while I cannot be sure if it was just that, which made my hair grow fast or a combination of my whole routine but my hair did grow faster than it usually does.
Did you try this mask? Have anything you’d like to share with us? Want to say Hi? Then simply leave a comment below or e-mail us directly. We’d love to hear from you.