Strong and healthy, that’s how most of us prefer our hair to be. I’m sure you and I are no exceptions. After all, if it weren’t so, the hair-care industry wouldn’t be where it is today.
And today I want to bring you some tried and tested simple hair care home remedies for stronger and healthier hair. Like always, I’ve tried all these hair care home remedies before and have good results with them. I believe in sharing tips, and tricks that work.
I’ve used all of these remedies and have seen results from them over time. And I know they work. But home remedies work differently for different people, so you might notice that some of these remedies give better results than others on you.
As always, I’d like to remind you that you should always continue any hair treatment you start for three months to be able to see any results from it.
Read Also: Why You Should Give Any (Natural) Hair Treatment At Least Three Months To See Results From It
1. Oiling Your Hair
I can’t stress this one hair care home remedy for healthier hair enough. Growing up in an Indian family, it comes to a lot of us naturally, but it’s one of the simplest and most effective hair care home remedy for strong and long hair there is.
There’s a lot of ways you can go about oiling your hair, but mainly it’s done in two ways:
- Overnight Oiling
- Hair “Champi” a.k.a. Oiling your hair before washing your hair.
Overnight oiling is great for your hair when you want a deep conditioning effect. When you have the time and want to repair your hair along with conditioning your scalp, you should leave oil on your hair overnight for maximum benefit.
However, I don’t recommend overnight oiling every day. Personally, I only opt for overnight oiling once a week or once every two weeks depending on the condition of my hair.
“Champi” Oiling Method
Often known as “champi” in India is the practice of oiling your hair before washing them. Usually, you will leave the oil in your hair for about an hour or two before you wash them.
Benefits Of Oiling Your Hair
- Helps in maintaining your hair’s tensile strength (the resistance of your hair to breaking down under daily wear and tear conditions or tensions.)
- Reduces frizziness
- Prevents breakage points from forming in your hair, thus preventing breakage.
- Adds in moisture in your hair and makes them shiny.
- Massaging the hair while oiling strengthens your hair.
- Helps control dandruff and dry scalp issues.
Hair Oils That Promote Hair Growth
Hair Oils We’ve Tried And Loved!
- Kama Ayurveda Bringadi Intensive Hair Treatment
- Parachute Advansed Ayurvedic Hair Oil
- Forest Essential Bhringraj Hair Oil
Some other hair oils we recommend:
2. Essential Oils + Water
Some years back, I discovered essential oils. And they changed my life. At first, essential oils can be very complex to understand, so if you’ve heard about them, then you probably know what they are. But if you haven’t then the best possible way for me to describe them to you will be to call them ‘essential’ oils.
Essential oils are plant derivatives, and they have wonderful healing properties. They’re also quite potent when it comes to their hair care properties. They help promote hair growth, shine, and prevent hair-loss.
Preparing Your Mix Of Essential Oil and Water
- Take any essential oil of your choice. (If you’ve got no idea then just use either Lavender or Rosemary essential oil as they’re great for promoting healthy hair.)
- Add approximately 10-15 drops oil this essential oil into 200ml water.
- Put this water into a spray bottle (You can get these easily at Amazon or Flipkart)
- Shake well.
How To Use This Mixture
You can use this hair care home remedy for long and strong hair every day; it works best in summers as you can continuously keep spraying this mixture in your hair.
Its use is really simple, just spray it in your hair and scalp, leave it in and forget it. I’ve noticed that use of essential oils has really made my hair stronger. I don’t have dandruff problems in winters anymore, and I love the way it smells. You can also use this mixture to keep your hair smelling fresh all day long.
Just make sure you don’t use the same mixture for more than seven days.
Note: Each essential oil has a different use, and depending upon what result you are trying to achieve you’ll need a different essential oil.
Shop this remedy
Read Also: A Beginner’s Guide to Using Essential Oils
3. Sulfur-Rich Onion Juice For Promoting Hair Growth
Onion is rich in sulfur and sulfur has been known to have growth properties. Onion juice helps circulate blood. Thus it is good for improving overall hair health. Applying onion juice to your hair will help you get healthy hair and get longer hair as onion juice promotes hair growth as well.
How To Prepare The Mixture
- Slice 2-4 large onions into small pieces.
- Grind them into a paste.
- Get a clean cloth and place this onion in this cloth.
- Strain out the juice.
How To Apply Onion Juice On Hair
- Take a cotton ball and soak it up in the onion juice you’ve just squeezed out.
- Now generously make parts in your hair and apply this juice-soaked cotton on your scalp.
- Leave on for 15-30 minutes.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- Style as usual.
Repeat this remedy once every week until for at least three months to be able to notice benefits from it. I’ve felt that this remedy is really effective in hair regrowth, I’ve been using it for nine months now and have noticed that it really helped with my receding hairline. I can now say that I really like this remedy for promoting hair growth.
Shop this remedy
I hope you liked this article because I had a lot of fun writing it, It brings me great joy to be able to share all the things I’ve learned, and I hope you’ll try these hair care home remedies out. Just be consistent in your efforts, and I’m positive you’ll see results.
If you have any questions, and/or suggestion, please feel free to leave them in the comments section, I always reply to your comments, or you can reach us anytime on our social handles as well as e-mails.