I’m writing today’s post to acknowledge our first ever Liebster Award. To be honest, when we (me and Samara) first started this blog, we didn’t know our readers and fellow bloggers would ever think us capable of entitling us with blogging awards such as this and The Versatile Blogger.
Really, we’re very thankful and consider ourselves blessed. So thank you very much! We were nominated for this award on 5th of May 2016 by Sonali Patil from SkincareVilla and this post has been due long! I’ve been working on it for two weeks now.
The reason I wanted to spend so much time writing this one was because I wanted to thank Sonali, from the bottom of my heart. Not only is she an amazing blogger herself, she’s friendly! You see, there are some bloggers that never look at you (another blogger) as anything more than a competition, but I’m glad that Sonali is not one of them. So thank you very much, for being who you are, Sonali. 😀
P.S. I really want to mention, it’s been some time already that she changed the look and feel of her blog, it has a lovely floral patterned header which I’m in love with. (I just had to tell you!)
What Is The Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. According to The Global Aussie, the Liebster Award dates back to 2011!
It should be noted that the word “Liebster” is of German origin, and can be associated with the following terms in English:
What is the meaning behind A Liebster Award?
Taking from the meaning of the word Liebster I suppose a fellow blogger would give this award to another to tell them that this was their favourite blog, or that the blogger behind the blog was kind and sweet.
But I don’t think it’s just that, I believe the Liebster Award also:
- Encourages bloggers to do better in their own field.
- Helps bloggers and readers to discover new blogs.
- Forms a community of bloggers that don’t fear each other but support one another.
- Helps bloggers to get to know each other by making them answer questions in an interview form.
- Lets bloggers or readers know about other blogs you like and bloggers who like you.
Answering Sonali’s Questionnaire
Here are our (mine and Samara’s) answers to questions for us!
Why did you start blogging?
We started because we wanted to spread our knowledge, share our passions, and learn from the experience. There are just so many things related to healthy living, beauty, and fashion that people are still unaware of, and we just wanted to help share that knowledge we had with as many people as we could and for free 😉
Also, we promote wellness through Ayurveda and are fans of organic products, and we just wanted people to know how right the ancient science (of Ayurveda) was, and how relevant it is today.
One blog other than yours that you would want everyone to check out and why?
Amy’s Healthy Baking — The recipe’s are so fun to try, they are delicious and they’re healthy!
What is that one skin care product you can’t be without?
It has to be my lip balm — I get chapped lips very easily.
Where do you see your blog in the next 2 years?
Helping more and more people! I believe helping each other makes us human, so I’d like that.
I’d love to receive more e-mails and requests about people wanting answers to their beauty, health or fashion related queries as I really enjoy answering each one of those.
Any one book recommendation and why should we read it?
A Consumer’s Dictionary Of Cosmetic Ingredients — everyone has the right to and should know about what’s desirable and what’s not in things they use on themselves, this book will help you become aware of so many such things!
Any YouTube channel recommendation and why?
Superwoman 😀 because the woman’s funny and she knows what she’s doing!
If you were asked to survive the next 1 week on just 2 makeup items what would be your picks?
Are you a to-do list maker?
I want to be! And I’m actually making progress, it’s not hard to make to-do lists it is just hard to follow them, haha! 😛
What is your ideal breakfast and why?
Pancakes, I love sweet things! <3
What is your goal for 2016?
I’ve practiced Yoga on and off, I’d like to find enough time to make it a regular thing.
Which is that one blog post of yours that you are very proud of ? Please leave the link.
10 Foods for Naturally Glowing Skin (I put a lot of effort in researching in that one!)
I hope I did a decent job answering your questions, Sonali 🙂
Our Nominations For The Liebster Award
We’ll be adding up to 5 blogs here:
- Soumya Midhun who has a blog after her own name
- Yamini’s Beauty and Blush
- Anamika’s Natural Beauty and Makeup
- Subha Bose’s Candy Crow
- Sangeeta’s BeautyNyx
I also want to tell you why I choose the following blogs, I know the bloggers behind these blogs, they’re all very kind and sweet (Liebster) so they definitely deserve the award!
Our Questions For The Nominee’s
- What motivates you to start writing, posts are after posts each day? (for your blog)
- If you weren’t blogging, what would you be doing in that time?
- List the Top 3 blogs that you check daily.
- What’s that one piece of advice you would like to give to a fellow blogger?
- What are your favorite colours? Name any 3.
- Do you believe in following fashion trends blindly?
- What do you think about us? Do you have any suggestions for us? (The Jane and Samara Blog)
- Tell us a trait about yourself that you are most proud of.
- What is your life’s biggest achievement?
- Name 5 movies that you don’t get tired of watching.
- What are your blogging goals for 2017? What changes (if any) do you plan to make on your blog?
I hope you’ll enjoy answering these questions, I had a fun time answering those that we were given and also had fun coming up with new ones. 🙂
I’ll be waiting for your answers! 😀