Greying of Hair (Canities)
When Hair looses its natural pigmentation thereby becoming grey. The average age of onset of Canities is 40s and any time before that is called as Premature Greying of hair i.e. Canities Praecox. Canities can be of two types:
- Acquired Canities: Acquired due to aging process and/or extreme stress.
- Congenital Canities: Since before birth i.e. Albinism or May happen to anybody due to malfunction of cells and glands.
- Lack of nutrition
- Deficiency of Iron, copper, Iodine, Vitamin B
- Use of extremely hot water while washing hair
- Regular chemical hair color treatments
- Any severe prolonged illness
- High fever
- Side-effects of Medicinal Drugs
- Chlorine water
Remedies to prevent premature graying of hair
- Oiling hair using Bhringraj- oil
- Oiling hair using Bakuchi-oil
These oils are suitable for all body types and help maintain hair’s natural color, lustre and reverse baldness and prevent premature graying of hair.
How to prepare
- Make a decoction of herbs by cooking 1 part dry herb (Bhringraj or Bakuchi) to 16 parts water slowly over low flame until water is reduced to 1/4th of its original amount. This will take several hours
- Next mix equal parts of oil (sesame) and the decoction you made over low flame until all water evaporates. Make sure the flame is low i.e. minimum.
3. Oiling hair with Curry Leaves infused Coconut oil
How to prepare
- Take 7-8 curry leaves and add in 3 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Heat mixture over low flame for 5-7 minute
- Strain the mixture
- Massage on scalp when lukewarm
Natural Gradual Dying for premature grey hair: The only way to cure and treat already grey hair
For Brown Hair: Take 5g Instant coffee , 15g black tea and 5g Bhringraj powder add to 250 ml water and bring to boil, strain and let it cool then use it as last rinse for hair. Use 3 times a week until most of your hair has been gradually dyed and then continue once a week.
For Black Hair: 1 Tablespoon dried and powdered walnut shells, 1 Tablespoon Amla (Indian Gooseberry) powder in 250 ml distilled water, let this mixture sit overnight, next day it is ready to use.
For Blonde Hair: Chamomile tea rinse as a final rinse after conditioner.
For Red Hair: Add 50g henna to 250 ml water and 1 tablespoon of triphala, mix and let it sit overnight, next morning rinse hair with this preparation, let it stay in the hair for 60-120 minutes and then rinse out thoroughly with water, condition your hair as normal do not use shampoo or soap to wash, just water to rinse. Make sure you use organic henna and there is no dye mixed in it.
Where To Buy