ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- Name: TRESemme spa rejuvenating conditionerProduct Type: Toiletry
- Product: Conditioner
- Brand: TRESEmme
Professional quality, message-able conditioner with marine minerals & essential nutrients that nourish the scalp & the hair.
From our origins in 1948 & salon expertise , TRESemme has been driven by a simple truth: every woman deserves to feel & look fabulous like she has just stepped out of a salon, every day. This range has been carefully selected for its advanced formula**. Driven by our salon heritage, we work with our stylists to deliver expert solutions from salon quality solutions from salon quality products without the salon price tag.
**now specially formulated for Indian hair.
It comes in a white bottle with a flip open cap to dispense the required amount. The packaging is sturdy & has no leakage, thus also good for carrying around but just to be safe I taped the cap.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: A widely used silicone for hair and skin conditioning.
- Dimethiconol: Anti-foaming and skin conditioning ingredient.
- Stearamidopropyl dimethylamine: It is used in the manufacture of soaps and detergents, it may be irritating to the skin.
- Behentrimonium chloride: It is a quaternary ammonium compound, meaning, It is a synthetic derivative of ammonium chloride. All quaternary ammonium compounds can be toxic depending upon their dosage and concentration. Even concentrated solutions may irritate the skin. Ingestion can be fatal.
- Perfume: Perfumes are often amongst most common allergens and are left out of hypoallergenic products.
- Lactic acid: Used in skin fresheners, in cosmetics it is caustic when applied to the skin. it may cause a stinging sensation on sensitive skin.
- Zinc pyrithione: A bactericide and fungicide used in anti-dandruff products, also used as a preservative. It may cause damage to nerves according to some reports.
- DMDM hydantoin: A preservative. The CIR panel concludes that it is safe for use as it is presently used in cosmetics.
- Zinc sulphate: May cause allergic reaction. Injection of 2.5 mg to rabbits administered under the skin caused tumours in rabbits.
- Sodium chloride: It is common salt. May cause rashes and irritation on sensitive skin.
- Sea salt: A skin conditioner, typically used in bath salts.
- Silica: It is a silicone. Read more about silicones.
- Lysine hydrochloride: Lysine is an essential amino acid, used to improve the protein quality of the product.
- Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) seed oil
- Biotin: Vitamin H or also called Vitamin B factor. usedas a moisturiser or texturizer in cosmetics.
- Niacinamide: Vitamin B3, used as skin stimulant in hair conditioners and shampoos. It is reported to have been an effective skin lightener where hyperpigmentation may have occurred. Read more about Hyperpigmentation.
- Panthenol: Vitamin B complex factor, it is good for human tissues.
- Tocopheryl acetate: Antioxidant and skin conditioner.
- Ascorbic acid: Vitamin C, an antioxidant and preservative. Promoted in anti-wrinkle products.
- Polysorbate 20: A mixture of laurate esters of sorbitol and sorbitol anhydrides. SkinDeep says there is concern regarding this ingredient as at high doses studies show endocrine system disruption but The CIR panel reviewed data and says it is safe as a cosmetic ingredient.
- Methylisothiazolinone: Used as a preservative to replace formaldehyde.CIR panel concluded that it is safe to use in rinse-off products at a concentration not exceeding 15ppm.
The ingredient check was done in accordance and with reference from A consumer’s dictionary of cosmetic ingredients, seventh edition by Ruth Winter, M.S published by Three rivers press New York.
HOW I USED THE TRESemme SPA REJUVENATING CONDITIONER
The spa rejuvenating conditioner from TRESemme doesn’t give any instructions on how it is to be used. Keeping in mind that it is a massage-able conditioner, You can massage it into your scalp. I, however, did not do that because I was convinced that someone the ingredients used might not be good for my skin but will be fine if I use it on just the length of my hair.
It has a very thick texture but it spreads easily on damp hair. I massaged it on the length of my hair for 2 minutes and then I rinsed it off. It rinsed off easily without leaving my hair greasy but it is worth mentioning that my hair is really dry and brittle. It might be greasy for someone with oily hair or hair prone to build up.
I believe that following up with a conditioner after using any shampoo on the hair is a must in order to compensate for the lost moisture. My hair little longer than shoulder length.
After using the TRESemme spa rejuvenating conditioner, my hair felt soft & silky that I noticed that I was actually playing with them the whole day but it is worth mentioning that the silicones in the conditioner, be it any conditioner do impart the silky smooth effect, in fact, that is their purpose.
- Thick texture, spreads easily
- Mild pleasing fragrance
- Makes hair smooth and manageable
- Makes it super easy to detangle hair
- It has a lot of chemicals
- Instructions for use is not mentioned
- Some ingredients used seem unfit for use on the scalp for people with sensitive skin and I am one of them.
Yes, if you want a conditioner to detangle your hair and smell nice and make them feel silky, soft and smooth and are not allergic to any of the ingredients. Always do a patch test before you actually use it. While it is not dangerous, if it were, it would not be in the market but you never know when it might be your unlucky day where you find out you are sensitive to any of its ingredients.
No, if you want to avoid chemicals altogether and are looking for something organic.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. For more information refer to our FTC disclosure page.